Terms and Conditions DeutschAkademie,
German Course in Berlin Mitte
1. Requirement for participation in the German course
You must be literate.
2. Registration for the German course in Berlin
The registration form must be filled out completely. If you already have previous knowledge, we will conduct a professional written and oral assessment to find your optimal course. The course fee must be paid in full. Your registration for a German language course is only completed when you have made the required payments and have received a registration confirmation from us. Participants requiring a visa should register at least 2 months prior to the beginning of the course.
Last minute booking: If we can confirm your booking only 24 hours before the course starts, you will, unfortunately, miss the first date and can only participate from the 2nd date.
First day of the course: You will receive a zoom link via email from your teacher at least 2 minutes before the start of the course. Simply click on the link and join the meeting. Please also check your spam/junk folder!
3. Reserving a place for your German language course in Berlin
As soon as we have determined your course level using our placement test, we can reserve a place in a course for you. The registration for the German course is only complete when the payment has been received in time for the reservation deadline. Otherwise, the registration will be cancelled.
4. Changing the German language course you have booked
You can change the booking of your German language course up to 14 days before the beginning of the course. After that time, a change is no longer possible, unless you have additionally booked a cancellation insurance:
- Insurance in case of non-attendance of the course: This insurance is 3% of the total amount and can only be claimed before the course starts. If you or a member of your family falls ill and you are therefore unable to attend the course, we will refund the course costs, but only against a medical certificate. Confirmations must be in German or English.
- Insurance in case of course cancellation: This insurance is 10% of the total amount. You can claim this insurance if you have to cancel your course due to a professional obligation, a death in the family or in case of illness. In this case, we can reimburse you for the proportionate course costs upon presentation of a confirmation from your employer or a medical certificate. Confirmations must be in German or English.
The first rebooking is free of charge, every further rebooking costs 30€ per course month.
5. Canceling your German language course
You can cancel your German language course up to 14 days before the beginning of the course without giving any reasons. After that time, a cancellation is no longer possible.
6. Continuing Course
The booking of follow-up courses after already having participated in a German course of the DeutschAkademie is done as described in section 2. An automatic reservation of a course place is not made. We hereby inform you that you will receive a reservation e-mail during your course.
7. Cutting a course short
If fewer than 7 participants have enrolled for a course, the DeutschAkademie reserves the right to shorten or cancel the course.
The participants are liable for any damages they may cause and are obligated to pay compensation according to the applicable legal provisions. The organizer is not liable for any potential damages, including any injuries during excursions. Participation in any excursions organized by us is at your own risk. Parents/legal guardians are responsible for minors. The course participants are not covered by any health or accident insurance on the part of DeutschAkademie.
Participants in courses at the DeutschAkademie have to be at least 16 years old. Minors cannot register independently. We are happy to send you a registration form, which must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
10. Course materials, certificates
Costs for course materials (e.g. course books) and certificates are not included in the course fee and must be paid on site at our front office or via bank transfer.
11. Excursions and Sightseeing
Costs for excursions and sightseeing are not included in the course fee and must be paid on site at our front office.
There are no classes at the DeutschAkademie on national holidays. There will be no compensation for classes that fall on these days, nor will they be made up at a different time.
The teacher may arrange differing times in agreement with the students.
13. Irregular absences
In case of irregular absences from the German language course, DeutschAkademie will not refund the course fees or extend the course.
14. Photos and films
Photos and films taken during the German language course or during group excursions may be used in the promotional material of DeutschAkademie Gruppe GmbH or published on the Internet. If you disagree, you must state this in your registration form before the beginning of the course.
DeutschAkademie Gruppe GmbH
Phone: +49 40 30039366
Fax.: +49 40 30039368
HRB 174167, Amtsgericht Hamburg
UID N°: DE351068360
Managing Director: Patrick Grona